A few pictures...


I don't have time today to write up a long recipe so I mean to entertain you with a few pictures from the farm. Yesterday my good friend Dr. S. and I got up at dawn to collect bait and in the cool and calm early morning we caught three nice fish: two mangrove snappers and a yellow tail jack. All were grilled on the stove-top in foil and made a delicious lunch and dinner with black beans, rice, roasted breadfruit and okra for accompaniment. Not to mention my Mom's homemade bread and lots of guacamole (the avocados are just raining down from the trees these last couple of days). I didn't get a picture of the spread because it disappeared too fast!!

All I can say is that its a good thing we took a long hike in the jungle after lunch! Check out the strange seeds we happened across. Bright colors like that usually mean "stay away, I am poisonous", so I did not sample these. Pretty though.


I'll show you how we cooked this critter later, but big land crabs are a real delicacy in Belize, and the rainy season is the best time to catch them, so I made sure to grab some during my stay at home.

Labels: , ,